Saturday, September 08, 2007

Selichot



All week long, working, thinking, preparing,
Strenuous. Confusing.

Planning, organizing, lugging.

So much to do, overwhelming.
Who can take time to stop and reflect?

Colors swirling, shapes flying,
Walking down an unmarked path.
Where did the signs go?

Suddenly there are whispers.

"Are you going?"

"What time, exactly?"

"Can I walk with you?"

All of a sudden, I am face to face with the time.
It's dancing opposite me.
Through the tinted glass.
Jumping for joy.

And then the hush of the crowd,
the man in front starts chanting.

Oops. Lost the place.
Where are we?

And then I see.
There are 4 more days left of this year.

4 days of this energy.
4 more days until we renew. restart. refresh.
The world is reborn.
We're going up a notch. Closer to the real goal.

A bit bigger than my apartment crisis.
Larger than the decisions.
The Purpose. For creation
Is revisited. Reminding ourselves, reminding the Creator.

The Reason.

It is for an apartment after all.
An apartment for Him.
His Atzmus.
His Kishkes.
His Essence.
Our Father, our King.

Written and Inscribed for good.

No comments: