Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Lights

Light up the lights!
Each Jew a burning ember,
add fuel and watch it soar upwards.
Illuminate the darkness.
Tap into the oil reserve in your soul.
Burn the bad, use it to warm the world.
Flickering flames, licking and dancing
Join together, bonfire.
Raise the torch.
Illuminate the darkness.
Light up others, bring them in.
A cozy, laughing stove.
Nothing will put us out.
Raise to great heights, leave this world.
Light up the world, proclaim the new month,
a new era.
Moshiach is here!
Rise your light
Atop a mountaintop.

1 comment:

chanahp said...

Shavuah and Chodesh Tov!
Hi Yettel! THis is my first time reading your blog!
I love this poem!
I miss you. Since you probably know a lot of Chanahs, i was a Mushky last year.... we spent a very most memborable (redundancy very intended : ) last Shabbos together, or at least the last SHabbos that I was in Tzfat... I love you and wish you all the best. will keep in touch iy`H.
Thanks for the continuing inspiration!