Thursday, May 11, 2006

Struggling for Freedom

My soul thirsts for you, It cries out in pain.
In a land of physicality and desires, where everyone's vain.
My body is a cage, it can not be free.
I feel it energizing, but it is not really me.
Now I'm a shell, a covering, a facade.
What you see is a mask- just smile and nod.
You may think you know me, and maybe you do-
But what's hidden beneath just had its debut.
The shield was removed, my true self revealed,
And now I feel it shaking, as my soul is concealed.
When will you emerge from your sheath and your case?
When will you see my true shining face?
A face from the front- no back or side views
When that face is shining I'm never confused.
Things are much clearer, I can see black and white.
In the good-or-bad battle I always choose right.
A little while longer; I try to console,
I feel you are restless, but soon we'll be whole.
Soon we can dance, and sing in the streets
Of the time we were blinded, tried to see through thick sheets.
Then we'll rejoice, free and unshackled once more
And up to Your chambers we'll freely explore.

No comments: